My photo
A Saudi banker in love with what excites the eye, mind and senses..

Tuesday 17 August 2010

Pure Art

I've always loved the flowing lines and arched strokes of Arabic script. The pure complexity of it is amazing, and sometimes they're so beautiful and freeflowing that it's a marvel that it's actually meant to be read. I often collect quotes so artistically written in , here are some favorites..


Inner strength.


Always trust yourself.

A fox is not taken twice in the same snare.

* work by josh berer

3 comments:

  1. does the first pic really means inner strength? I really like this script and I want this for my second tattoo. Just to make sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes it translates to "inner strength"
    the calligraphy is amazing on the first one :) good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for verifying it. :)

      Delete