My photo
A Saudi banker in love with what excites the eye, mind and senses..

Monday 20 September 2010

Muscat , Oman is..

..one of the most surreal places I have ever visited. The incredible landscaping, the rocky hills surrounded by blue water is just magnificent. The people are as beautiful at heart as the surroundings.

Pity I was on a business trip and had not enough time to do good sightseeing.

Please forgive the poor quality of photos I blame myself for not taking my camera (forgot my tooth brush too) instead I was left using my blackberry's worst camera ever.. I was utterly annoyed but less is still better than none. Oman is definitely on our list for upcoming vacations and how can we forget Zighy!







The yacht is the Sultan's and it's decked at the old port for everyone to see..
First and last photos are the views from hotel room.




On a different note , what I'm reading:
One Hundred Years of Solitude,by Gabriel García Márquez
I'd love to  hear your reviews.


2 comments:

  1. I love that rocky landscape going down to the water. Lovely.
    One of these days I will make my trek to the Middle East....fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have to Belle , mine crossed too :)

    ReplyDelete